Puede usar las teclas derecha/izquierda para votar el artículo.Votación:1 estrella2 estrellas3 estrellas4 estrellas5 estrellas (2 votos, promedio: 5.00 sobre 5)
LoadingLoading...

Culture

THE LAST MANUSCRIPTS FROM ‘EPISODIOS NACIONALES’ BY GALDÓS

Las Palma de Gran Canaria / “Un faccioso más y algunos frailes menos” (1879), “Zumalacárregui” (1898), “Mendizábal” (1898) and “Los ayacuchos” (1900): are the titles of the four manuscripts by Benito Pérez Galdós from “Episodios Nacionales”, a total of 2,006 pages for which the regional Government of Gran Canaria has paid 60,000 euros, and whose origin has not revealed because it is subject to confidentiality.

The manuscripts complete the second and third series of the work by Galdós on the History of Spain and from now on these can be consulted in the House Museum of Benito Pérez Galdós (1843-1920) in the Gran Canaria capital.

The works “are in an almost perfect state of preservation and there is no doubt about the hand of the author from Gran Canaria for his calligraphy,” according to the holder of Chair on Galdós at Las Palmas University, Yolanda Arencibia, who said it wasn’t necessary to go to a graphologist to verify its authenticity.

Its veracity is also seen in the corrections, the type of pastern and the drawings that it added and that reflect his sense of humour.

Also, in the way to delete and in its presentation because ‘Episodios Nacionales’ are usually unbound, said Arencibia.

The manuscripts are presented in hard cardboard covers knotted with ribbons and with a white rectangle that identifies them as “Episodios Nacionales” and these are “the pharmacy of the work” in the words of its author, Arencibia said.

About origin of these originals, the insular director of Culture, Oswaldo Brito, informed that it can not be disclosed, in accordance with a confidentiality clause that Cabildo (regional Government) has signed with its owners.

60 percent of the original work by Galdós is in Museum House of the author, the remaining 40 percent in the National Library and that is known only three originals remain in private hands: “La Familia de León Roch”, “Misericordia” and “La de Bringas”.

With this acquisition, begin the acts that will be organized from this year, which commemorates the 175th anniversary of the birth of Benito Pérez Galdós, until 2020, when the centenary of his death will be celebrated.

Benito Pérez Galdos, representative of the Spanish realist novel of the 19th century, was Academic in the Royal Academy since 1897 and nominated for the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1912. (January 31, 2018, EFE/Practica Español)

News related in video (September 30, 2008):


Comprehension

Lee la noticia y responde las preguntas. (Read and answer the questions)

Congratulations - you have completed Lee la noticia y responde las preguntas. (Read and answer the questions). You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%. Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
Question 1
En la noticia se dice que…
A
se ha realizado la compra de unos manuscritos de un escritor español.
B
se han subastado unos manuscritos de un escritor español.
C
se han descubierto unas obras inéditas de Benito Pérez Galdós.
Question 2
Según el texto, esos manuscritos…
A
contienen la totalidad de los ‘Episodios Nacionales’ de Galdós.
B
no tienen nada que ver con los ‘Episodios Nacionales’ de Galdós.
C
son una parte de los ‘Episodios Nacionales’ de Galdós.
Question 3
En la noticia se dice que los ‘Episodios Nacionales’ relatan…
A
la vida del propio Benito Pérez Galdós.
B
acontecimientos históricos ocurridos en España.
C
los principales hechos históricos de la Historia de la Humanidad.
Question 4
Esos manuscritos se encuentran en mal estado.
A
¡Nadie lo sabe!
B
Es mentira.
C
Así es.
Question 5
En el texto se dice que…
A
no se ha hecho pública la identidad del antiguo propietario de estos manuscritos.
B
el Gobierno de Gran Canaria hará pública la identidad del antiguo propietario.
C
es posible que se diga el nombre del antiguo propietario de estos manuscritos.
Question 6
Sobre los manuscritos, Yolanda Arencibia dijo que…
A
tuvieron que pedir ayuda a expertos en grafología para saber si eran auténticos.
B
al principio tuvieron muchas dudas sobre la autenticidad.
C
no han tenido que pedir ayuda de un experto para saber que eran auténticos.
Question 7
Benito Pérez Galdós…
A
destaca especialmente en la novela española del siglo diecinueve.
B
es uno de los escritores más importantes del Siglo de Oro español.
C
es un escritor muy conocido en la literatura española del siglo veintiuno.
Once you are finished, click the button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect. Get Results
There are 7 questions to complete.

Noticias relacionadas